Feb 21, 2008

Pulao using MTR pulao masala powder


Feeling lazy to cook? Still want to have a great food that is filling and healthy? Here's a wonderful recipe for mixed vegetable pulao using MTR pulao masala powder.

This is my entry to Think Spice roundup for Star Anise hosted by Sunita of Sunita's world. I prepared this pulao in my prestige handi pressure cooker, which is basically a pressure pan that's all non stick in the inside.

This pulao can be prepared in microwave using microwave rice cooker or a traditional heavy bottomed kadai, which has a lid or in an electric rice cooker.



Ingredients:


Basmathi rice - 1 cup (long grain rice)

Water - 2 cups Mixed vegetables - 1 cup - carrot, beans, peas, corn etc (I used 1 cup of mixed vegetable frozen which has carrots, peas, beans, lima beans and corn)

Onion - 1 large - chopped

Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon (optional)

Oil for seasoning

Star Anise - 3 (optional)

Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon (jeeragam)

Fennel seeds - 1 teaspoon (sombu)

MTR pulao masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon

Salt as required

Method:

Heat oil in a pressure pan. Add cumin, star anise, fennel and the chopped onions.

Fry for a minute. Add the Ginger garlic paste. When the onions turn translucent, add the mixed vegetables, MTR pulao masala powder. Stir and add Salt as required.

When the content heats up, add Basmathi rice. Mix well.

When the content heats up again, add 2 cups water.

Pressure cook for 10 minutes.

(Note: If using the electric cooking range, remove the cooker from there as the place will still be hot. If using microwave rice cooker, transfer the content to the rice cooker and microwave high for 20 minutes. If using electric rice cooker, transfer the content to the rice cooker and cook. If using a traditional heavy bottomed wide pan, close the lid and cook, stirring occationally.)

Serve hot with raita or chips or enjoy as is.

14 comments:

FH said...

I can't see the photo but Pulao sounds great. I love MTR Rasam pd, so tasty. I have Pulao pd too but never tried it. I get scared I am going wreck the whole dish. Will try now!:)

Mythreyee said...

I like most of the MTR products. You sure can give it a shot as there is no way you can go wrong. You should not tell this. You are one great chef I know. I actually uploaded one photo, don't know why you can't see. Let me check it out.

Sreelu said...

Mythreyee, hmm hmm hmm looks good, can vouch its was great when made by other foodies, should try mrt masala

Finla said...

I can see the pic.
I love this dish. Actually i love all kind of rice dish.

Kalai said...

Looks great and ideal for a quick meal, as you said! Nice entry for Sunita's event, Mythreyee! :)

Revathi said...

MTR has the touch i guess !!

Sagari said...

pulao looks delecioussss mythreyee

Dhivya said...

Nice entry myth!I too love MTR products,,especially rasam powder...pic looks yummy and delicious...

Uma said...

wow, the pulao looks lovely, Nice entry. Easy preparation. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks Mythreyee!

sandhya said...

pulav looks delicious... you have beautiful blog mythreyee...

Lavanya Raj said...

i love pulao..it looks so good.

Richa said...

hey, good to know about the masala pwd, will try it! i always like to make pulav :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Now I have more reason to buy the MTR Pulao Masala :) Looks wonderful and a great one-pot meal, perfect for weekday lunches.

Unknown said...

Looks delicious..i have never used masla pd on pulav or biryani..will try now..