Mar 20, 2008

Chavli Curry


Arusuvai ingredient arrived at my door again. Manasi of A Cook @ Heart sent me a packet with 2 wonderful ingredients as part of the Arusuvai Friendship Chain. She sent me two wonderful spice powders and a beautiful letter in which she gave me a clue to find what spice powder those were. When I opened the packet, the aroma instantly filled the place. It was really a surprise for me as I did not expect two ingredients. Thanks Manasi.

I have now used the second packet that she sent. It is the spice mix for (One Hot Stove) Nupur's Chavli Curry. Thanks Nupur for the recipe. I just followed the recipe word by word. We just loved the dish and many thanks to Manasi for sending me the chavli curry spice powder. I just soaked and cooked the black eyed peas and as the spice mix was already there, I finished the tasty curry in no time. We had this curry with soft chapathis and the combo was just out of the world. This was the first marathi dish I ever made. We will be doing this curry more often from now. Thanks once again to Nupur and Manasi.


I have not used the other ingredient. Will be posting soon after I use the spice powder.

14 comments:

Sreelu said...

Hey Mythreyee, I am drooling over the pic, may be I should drop by for lunch what say :)

Lavanya Raj said...

Curry looks great..shots are really pretty..

Manasi said...

Ooooh!!! LOVELY!!! I have started liking chavli because of this recipe!!
Awesome picture!!
Thanks for playing along!!!

EC said...

curry looks superb

Jayashree said...

The pics are fabulous...nice curry

Nupur said...

I am so delighted that you enjoyed the chavli amit, Mythreyee! It is a simple but tasty homely dish, isn't it? Thank you for trying the recipe :)

amna said...

that looks so yummy! the bowl is also very pretty!

Finla said...

The dish looks so good.

Uma said...

the curry looks so mouth-watering. great use of the ingredient. waiting for the next recipe. I love the bowl too.

remya said...

chavli curry looks gud...i love ur mini dosas n iddli's also..soo sweet

Anonymous said...

Chavli curry looks really good. I loved your mini idli dosa - very interesting. As Sreelu asked, when can we all drop by for lunch? :-P

sandhya said...

chavli curry looks lovely...

Kalai said...

Looks wonderful, Myth! :)

Anonymous said...

Curry looks so delicious mythereye. The pics are excellent.