Jun 2, 2008

Announcing SWEET SERIES

Sweet is one of the five basic tastes and is almost universally regarded as a pleasurable experience. As a token of my love for sweets, I am announcing the event 'Sweet series', with an attempt to compile the innumerable variety of sweets. I have divided the sweets into 8 broad categories. One category for each month. The categories are,




6. Halwa, kathli, burfi & peda

7. Baked sweets - Cakes, pies, cookies, strudels etc and chocolate & toffees

8. Sweet with rice/wheat as main ingredient, diabetic friendly sweets and other sweets that does not come under any of the aforesaid categories.

This month category is Puran Poli & sweet chapathis/rotis.


To participate in this event, please have these in mind.

1. Cook anything sweet that come under the 'category of the month' - Puran Poli & sweet chapathis/rotis and post the recipe with picture on your blog. Recipes posted from Apr 29 2008 to June 30th 2008 will be accepted. Multiple entries welcome.

2. Add a link back to this event announcement. Feel free to use the logo.

3. Please send an e-mail to sweetseries at paajaka dot com with the following info.

* Subject Line: Puran Poli & sweet chapathis/rotis

* Blogger name:
* Blog name:
* Dish Name:
* URL to the post:
* A picture of the dish (250 pixel width).

4. Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.

5. Already posted sweets will be accepted provided NEW POST is created (between now and june 30th) and linked to this announcement. But it will be really fun to create a new dish!

6. The sweet needs to be vegetarian (no egg no meat). Only for the category 'Baked sweets' and for ice cream egg is allowed.

The roundup of the category will be posted within two weeks after deadline. Thank you and looking forward to all your enthusiastic participation!

27 comments:

Uma said...

that's a wonderful event, Mythreyee! I'll try to chip in.

jayasree said...

Thats indeed a sweet event to participate. Loved the categorization.

Unknown said...

sounds fun..a reason to make puran poli

Unknown said...

Nice event..will send my entries..

EC said...

Nice theme...will try to participate

Sangeeth said...

wonderful event..i luv to make sweets and surely will try to contribute....

Cham said...

I have a tradition Southie sweet ready in my draft... I will send it to u soon :) Lovely sweet theme!

Kalai said...

Sounds awesome, Myth! :)

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

oh wow! that sounds great event!!

FH said...

Sounds good. I might have to make one and send it to multiple events. Enjoy hosting!:))

Mythreyee said...

Uma, Jayashree, Sowmya, Maheswari, EC, Sangeeth, Cham, Kalai, Ramya, Asha: Sure, send in your entries. I am waiting to see those wonderful puran polis...

Hetal said...

nice event...will send my entry soon.

Anonymous said...

Indeed a Sweet event ....will send my entry soon....

Mythreyee said...

Hetal and Sireesha: Sure, send in your entries.

EC said...

A surprise for u in my blog

Anonymous said...

You can count me in.

Diabetic friendly category will be good addition to the list. For one month we will cook with non sugar - sweet treats. Just came to my mind :)

Mythreyee said...

That is a wonderful section: Diabetic friendly sweets. I have added that to the post. Thank you so much.

EC said...

Just mailed u with my entries...hope u got them

Srivalli said...

Mythreyee, will laddoos fall under the second category?

Mythreyee said...

Boondhi Laddus come under deep fried category. The second category includes sweets/laddus that are not deep fried. For example: smalls balls made out of different flours as well as poha balls with jaggery as a binding agent etc. My previous comment that I deleted, I had boondhi laddu in my mind.

Trupti said...

Hey Mythreyee, thanks for visiting my blog. Sure I will send not only my Puran Poli entry but I will also send Sweet Potato Roti, Gur Poli recipes

Usha said...

Hi

A very good idea indeed.I just finished sending you the link to my sesame sweet roti.

Sailaja Prakash said...

Hi Mythreyee,

This is Sailaja. Still now I didn't participate in any event. Even I like to send 'Puran Poli' to the event. But to send,I think, I have to make tht again. Because, My pural poli got torn when I made at tht time. Will try to make by this month end and will send to you. Thank you for motivating me to participate ... Mythreyee.

Sailu.

Anonymous said...

Hi mythreyee,

You have created the logo very nicely.

After keeping ur sweets series logo in my blog, I found my blog very colourful.

Geeta Kakade said...

Hi Mythreyee:

Just missed the deadline for your event...can't wait to see the puranpoli recipes and try them out...one of my most favorite sweets.
When you have some time can you visit my newbie blog: http://paytpooja.blogspot.com and leave a comment?
Thanks
Geeta Aunty

Deepa Kuber said...

i have already decided what to send and how many to send :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! www.paajaka.com is one of the most excellent innovative websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. All the best.