Nov 1, 2006

Strawberry Pickle


Being a great lover of Strawberries, I wanted to try some new recipe out of this colorful delicious fruit. I wanted to add some spice to it with a touch of sourness and …..came the recipe “ Strawberry Pickle”. Sounds peculiar, but worth the try. The first time I tasted the pickle, I swear, it did not impress me much. But I never knew that, it would take sometime to acquire the new taste. I started loving this yummy pickle especially with curd rice, a combination never heard of. Dear Strawberry lovers, I present to you the recipe for the tasty “Strawberry Pickle”.

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1-tablespoon limejuice
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste

Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Jeera (cumin) – 1 teaspoon
Aniseeds (sonf) – 1 teaspoon

Dhania powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 teaspoons

Method:

Put the chopped Strawberries in a bowl, add the lime juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt and mix gently. Heat oil and add the mustard seeds, when it sputters, add the Jeera, dhania powder and Aniseeds. Now add this to the prepared Strawberries and mix well. Remains fresh for 1 day when refrigerated in an airtight container.

3 comments:

Vani said...

What an unusual recipe! Like u said, it may be an acquired taste. I may try it though. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow....I love all kinds of pickle....never ever thought of pickling strawberries, though.....thx

Unknown said...

Hi Mythreyee
Strawberries and pickle what an Indo western fusion of recipe.
good keep such innovative recipes coming. I love trying such different ones. Chk here for all the traditional and unique pickle recipes here:
http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/675-pickles-that-tickle-preserves-reserve.html