May 17, 2007

Black Eyed Beans Curry


Black-Eyed Beans curry is a healthy choice for people who are diet conscious. Here is a simple yet tasty recipe from my kitchen. This beans is called karamani in tamil.

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup - Black Eyed Beans
1 medium Onion - Chopped
Oil for Seasoning
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Dhania Powder - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves - handful - Chopped

Method:


Soak Black Eyed Beans in water overnight. Pressure Cook (three whistles).


Heat oil in a Kadai and add the Mustard seeds. When it sputters, add the Cumin Seeds and Dhania Powder. Add the the Onions and fry until tender. Now add the Cooked Beans and Stir. Add 1/2 cup water and let it boil. Now, add the Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida Powder, Red chilli Powder and Salt. Cook for a couple of Minutes and turn off heat. Garnish with Coriander Leaves. Serve hot for Rotis/Chapathis.

9 comments:

FH said...

I just commented on Jyoti's black eyed peas curry!:D
We bloggers think alike sometimes,don't we?
Looks delicious.I love Halasande in any dish.Thanks fir the recipe Myth.

DEEPA said...

wow!!!myth..Today it has been beans all over ...nice one ...I also have a been recipe today ...thks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Looks like a black eyed feast. Fist jyothi and now you! Delicious looking curry Mythreyee.

Richa said...

delicious & creamy looking curry!
am learning a lot, good to know it's called karamani :) btw i never soak it overnite, so this is one dish i can make in a hurry.

Roopa said...

looks delicious, i love adding alsande in any sambhar and curry...good one mythree

Vini K said...

Hey Mythu..how are you doing dear?I had also recently made a black eyed beans curry..the recipe is lying in my draft folder..looks like it is black eyed peas season in blogworld!:)

Sharmi said...

I too love making this. I try almost all types of dal. looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love black eyed beans! This curry looks delicious, M! Hope you're doing well.

Mythreyee said...

Asha: Your welcome.

Deepa: Oh really, will check it out.

Hema: I have to check jyothi's.

Richa: Let me try once by not soaking overnight. thanks.

Roopa: Thanks.

ViniK: I am fine dear. I had guest all week and could not log on to the net. Thanks. And, waiting for your version. Post it soon dear.

Sharmi: Not all dals, but have tried with few dals. Still to explore. Thanks dear.

Vani: Thanks and doing really well. I had guest all week and thats why I could not be on the net. Thanks.