Mar 29, 2008

Chinta Chiguru Pappu / Tamarind Leaves Dal





Yet another arusuvai ingredient arrived at my door. This time it was from Uma of Essence of Andhra. She sent me a the surprise ingredient with loads of goodies - a cuddly teddy bear, a beautiful card, a cute little photo frame, chocolate and 2 ingredients. One was urud dal and channa dal which I used it for seasoning in the chinta chiguru dal and the other one was (which I didn't guess it right) dry tamarind leaves.

I googled for a recipe with the dry tamarind leaves and landed on Sreelu's chinta chiguru pappu. Thanks Uma for sending me all the things that I love and for sending the nellore special dry tamarind leaves. Thanks for introducing me to a new taste. Thanks to Sreelu for the wonderful recipe. We loved the dish.

9 comments:

Manasi said...

Ohhh!! tangy!!! Looks yum!

Meera said...

Wow, your daal looks great. I have never seen dry tamarind leaves!! How cool.

Seema said...

Never tasted Tamarind Leaves... how interesting! Nice dhal, new to me.

Uma said...

Wow, you made a good use of the dry tamarind leaves. Good job Mythreyee! Thanks for the good recipe. I am glad you've enjoyed all the goodies.

amna said...

oh wow! i never knew this possibility!

Lavanya Raj said...

Its new to me mythreyee..Looks Nice.

Sreelu said...

Mythree, glad you liked the recipe and pappu looks so delish :)

Kalai said...

Never seen dried tamarind leaves, but this looks fantastic! :)

varsha said...

wow....very yummy recipe