Mar 19, 2008

Mini Iddli Dosa with Milagai Podi




Deepa of Recipes n more asked me if she can send a secret ingredient as part of the Arusuvai Friendship Chain and I instantly accepted the offer. I was more than happy and thrilled at the same time. I was waiting for the surprise ingredient and wondering if I can find out what the ingredient would be. I was so happy to receive a packet from her which had the secret spice plus a beautiful card plus a crunch chocolate bar.


Just closed my eyes and tasted the spice powder that she sent me. My first guess was right. It was Milagai Podi. I double confirmed it with my husband and triple confirmed it with her. It is so tasty and spicy. We had Dosa Milagai podi for the dinner that night. I got an idea of mixing the milagai podi in the iddli dosa batter. Just tried and it came out so well. Thank you so much Deepa. Here is how I prepared the Mini Iddli and Mini Dosa using the milagai podi that she sent.

Ingredients:

Iddli/Dosa batter - 1 cup

Milagai Podi - 3 teaspoons

Method:




Mix the milagai podi in the batter and perpare mini iddlis using mini iddli plate and prepare small size dosas. You can also prepare dosa first with the ordinary batter and garnish all around with milagai podi. Serve warm with a cup of thick yogurt/curd.

16 comments:

Kalai said...

They are so adorable, Myth! Milagai podi is so awesome, isn't it? Makes for a quick, easy meal! :)

Cham said...

Those are so cute and great party dish :) Looks awesome.

indosungod said...

Mini idlis and dosais never fail to please, with the milagai podi just simply tasty.

Richa said...

love those mini idli, yummm :)

Namratha said...

Idlis and milagai podi, what a heavenly combo...yummy!

TheCooker said...

lovely lovely lovely

Lavanya Raj said...

i still go craze for this mini idlies. those dosa's are also looking cute.

Srivalli said...

Mythreyee, the entire plate looks lovely and so cute, I am sure my daughter will love this...you can this to my dosa mela if you like..

EC said...

We all make idlis and dosas...but u r one creative person to have the milagai podi mixed with the batter...loved the mini dosas

Uma said...

that's a great way of using the surprise ingredient, Mythreyee! Love the mini idlis and dosas.

Jayashree said...

Nice idea.....love those tiny idlis....

sudha said...

U r an awesome cook Myth! Know what? We r going on a long road trip and I am preparing ur Tomamto thokku now!!

Finla said...

I love those mini idlis. So cute

Seena said...

Looks delicious! love the "mini" versions.. how are you, Myth? :)

DEEPA said...

this is so awesome mythree...very happy that u like the podi a lot !!cheers to you !!!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

very nice....