Mar 15, 2010

Springing back to blogging this spring

I was waiting, hoping and wishing to start blogging again and here I come. I am extremely delighted to meet all my foodie buddies and my blog followers once again.

Thank you for all the emails. I am sorry if I had not replied to your mails. It has taken several months for me to bounce back to active lifestyle, since I did not expect a prolonged shoulder rehab. All is well now.

In the past year, I have experienced a lot of pain. First the shoulder pain, then the shoulder surgery and then the painful rehab process. Imagine a home, the lady of the house is doing even the regular chores for one full year with a lot of muscle pain in the shoulder. I do not want any one to go through what I experienced, specially to those cooks living abroad. I want to share with you all what I have learnt in the past year.My advise to everyone is, do not take your hand for granted. Please do not abuse it by cooking too much all the time, carrying heavy groceries etc. My advise also extends to all the perfectionists in the kitchen. Kitchen has to be clean and hygienic. Period. Don't exhaust yourself to keep it super duper clean. Also, don't throw too many parties unless you are in good health and spirits. Party means 'A hell lot of work'. I love to throw parties, specially because, it is the only way you get to interact with people especially in the winter days. My advise here is, please do not strain too much and take yourself for granted.

My new companion in my kitchen is the Cuisinart food processor. The ultimate food processor one can own. Indian cooking using this food processor is a breeze. I am talking about the Cuisinart 11 cup custom pro food processor. This was really a helping hand to me. I now use the food processor for most of the recipes. I will be posting various recipes that can be made easily using this food processor. Such a wonderful investment.

Tomorrow is Ugadhi. Kannada, telugu new year. Tomorrow, I will be posting a recipe for Kalkandu Bhath prepared with mixed nuts. It is a very easy breezy sweet that you can prepare in no time. See you all tomorrow.

Subscribe

8 comments:

indosungod said...

Mythreyee glad to hear from you again. I know exactly what you mean. No point overdoing stuff.
Health is Wealth as they say. Take Care.

A-kay said...

Welcome back Mythreyee! Didn't know you had all these health issues - hope you are feeling better now. I have been on a mini-break myself and it is good to be back and great to have you back!

Vani said...

Good to see you again, P! Glad you are doing ok now. Happy Ugadi to you and your family!

Rekha shoban said...

thank u for the messeage...u also take care.

sailaja said...

So good to see you back, Mythreyee. Glad to note you are doing good. Happy Ugadi and may this New year keep you in good health and cheer!

Mythreyee said...

indosungod: Yes, health is wealth. such a simple quote that is forgotten so easily. You are absolutely right. There no point overdoing stuff. Thanks for the wishes.

A-Kay: I am all fine now. Glad to hear from you. See you after your mini break and thanks for the wishes.

Vani: Thanks for the wishes and happy ugadhi to you too. Glad to hear from you.

Rekha Shoban: Thank you.

Sailaja: Wishing you the same. Thank you so much.

Rachana said...

Hey Mythreyee! Welcome back and take care dear!

Padmajha said...

Gosh,you went thro too much of pain and struggle!I kept coming here to see your recipes and thought u were caught up with something else.Am really glad u are ok now.And thanks for sharing those health messages.Yes,we do need to take care of our health so that our family runs smoothly..Take care dear...