Feb 2, 2007

Chinese-Style Vegetable Fried Rice


Here is the recipe for my version of Chinese style Vegetable Fried Rice. Very easy and very tasty too. I used Sona Masoori Rice for this Fried rice. I think any rice variety, short or long grain will make a perfect tasty fried rice.

Ingredients:

Rice - 1 Cup ( Cook rice and separate grains)

Mixed Vegetables - Steam cooked - 2 Cups
Vegetables used in this recipe,

Broccoli florets
Baby carrots cut lengthwise
Beans chopped 3/4 inch
Chopped Cabbage handful

Other Vegetables:

Red Onions cut lengthwise
Green Bell Pepper cut lengthwise
Spring Onions one bunch

Sauce:

Maggi Tomato Chilli Sauce - 2 tablespoons
Worchestershire Sauce - 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoons
Chinese Salt - Aji no moto
Oil - 2 tablespoons

Method:

Steam Cook the Mixed Vegetables.

Heat Oil in a large Kadai, Add the Onions and fry for a couple of minutes.

Then, add the Green Bell Pepper. Saute for another 4 to 5 minutes.

Mix in the Steam Cooked Mixed Vegetables. Fry for a couple of minutes.

Add the Tomato Chilli Sauce, Worchestershire Sauce and Salt. Stir.

Add the cooked Rice and Stir Gently.

Add the Soy Sauce and Stir Gently until Even Distribution.

Garnish with Finely chopped Spring Onions.

Serve Warm immediately.

This is my entry to Mixed rice varieties event hosted by EC of Simple Indian Food.

12 comments:

FH said...

Fried rice always my fav Myth!! Good to see you back!:))

Mythreyee said...

Thanks Asha. My computer is still down and I am using my husband's laptop in the weekends for blogging.

swapna susarla said...

hi
fried rice is good.just now i want to ask u why u are not blooging for a long time..but now seen ur post.good.
i never added worchestershire sauce.
will try this time..

jayakarthik said...

hey mythy
wonderful recipe
its nice to see you again with wonderful recipe
thanks for the post

TNL said...

Hi! Good to see your blogs again...the fried rice looks really good, you're right, using short grain rice always works better.

Trupti

Krithika said...

looks delicious

Dr. Soumya Bhat said...

I just love all varities of fried dish.This looks nice too just like the above one.

Mythreyee said...

Swapna: Sure, add to have an extra essence to the rice.

Jaya: thanks.

Trupti: Yes, short grain is always better.

Krithika: thanks.

Dr.Soumya bhat: Thanks.

Nidhi said...

Chinese fried rice are always delicious for me, I love them since they have lots of my favourite veggies. Yours are looking just perfect and ready to eat. This is something worth trying. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Nidhi.

FewMinute Wonders said...

Hi Mythreyee,

I am a big fan of Indo-chinese food and try out recipes all the time. Being a vegetarian I started reading labels. Just wanted to bring to your notice that when buying worchestershire sauce please check to see if the sauce has anchovy fillets because some of the store brought stuff might have this ingredient in it. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mythreyee
I loved your fried rice recipe. When you say "worchestershire" sauce, I assume you meant Worcestershire sauce.
I am a complete novice in cooking, just left home for college and am just starting...I love a lot of you other recipes as well,
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Worchestershire Sauce may not be vegetarian always.. Just wanted to let u know